Today I was working with a customer and we have had some weird SSIS intermittent errors where the Native OLE DB / SQL Client was giving me some trouble with really weird errors.
Errors like these:
CRM service call returned an error: CRM service call returned an error: The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:01:59.9990005. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout. (Error Type / Reason: Timeout)
Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005.
An OLE DB record is available. Source: “Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 11.0” Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: “Communication link failure”.
An OLE DB record is available. Source: “Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 11.0” Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: “TCP Provider: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
After some searching and troubleshooting, I found the following blog which finally seemed to address the error at hand. When I tried removing the “TCP Chimney” , it the error went away. Please read more about it here:
SSIS and Kingswaysoft are great tools but sometimes the errors are really tricky and you have to be rather persistant to fint the root cause. In this case it seems to be related to the NIC.